Monday, October 3, 2011

Berry soup. / Kiisseli.


Berry soup just does not sound right....
In finnish we have a name for berry soup, kiisseli.
Much better. Soup sounds salty. Please correct me
if I´m wrong and there is a name for it in english.

Because the Hubs and I are getting old, we forget
things....like in this case, some amazing frozen berries
on the garage floor in a grocery bag. Yesterday.
Blueberries and strawberries.
So when I found them today, they were still a little cool,
but most definitely not going back to the freezer.

Kiisseli it is! Cook the berries until they boil.



Add honey.



In the finnish recipe for kiisseli, potatoe flour is
added to thicken the soup, but I don´t need to
since I´m using a hand blender.



Add some grated lemon peel.



And some lemon juice.


















Add a swirl of cream.....ai, ai, ai.....soooo good.
I don´t know why I don´t make this more often,
so very good and so very healthy, great before
a cold season, all that vitamin C.





Have a happy monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets talk!