Monday, March 26, 2012

Raw day and VegFest in Seattle.

Weeell, I had high hopes for my Raw friday and morning started
well.




Mixed a nice RAW shake.





The other class is for afternoon snack. At this point
I´m thinking, "this raw food stuff is easy!" Smug, eh?!






Whhhaaaatt! Bread is not raw? ;-D This is now lunch time
and I have just realized bread is baked......(sharpest tool in the shed
I tell you!!!!)





So lunch turned out to be half raw. I made broccoli, onion,
raisin, pinenut seed, tomato and mayo salad.







It was very good, but I have realized now that raw eating is
not that easy! Satu
http://www.satumaaorganics.fi/Satumaa/Tervetuloa.html
is chuckling reading this, aren´t you :-) You could say
"I told you so", now. For snack I had the rest of the shake, but
at dinner, rest of the family threatened
mutiny, if I made them eat raw anything....
Not that I had any kind of good plan
for raw dinner.... Raw eating takes a lot
of planning ahead of time and lot´s of
food prep. I seem to not even be close 
to there. And, like Satu said in her comment,
"tiukassa on kypsennetyn ruoan mieliteko!"
(We are so very used to warm cooked
food!)
Will keep practicing!!! Maybe some day I will
be able to be all raw all day... ;-D







We went to the Vegfest this sunday, place was packed to the
rafters! Line was REALLY long to get in and the males of the
family were looking at me with hope in their eyes "will she
for once be reasonable and turn away?" HAH, I have never been
reasonable and most likely never will, IN we went.





It was elbow to elbow situation there, people and free food
is a watchouthereIcome kind of madness. I got to taste some
amazing veggie foods and they gave out samples to take.
Nice, but if I got to decide, place would be a lot bigger next
time.






http://www.vegofwa.org/vegfest/



2 comments:

  1. http://traveltips.usatoday.com/raw-food-restaurants-seattle-washington-2907.html

    I just wish.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Satu, I have to go test these out! (Family´s male folks are groaning in disgust, heh!)

    ReplyDelete

Lets talk!