Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rhubarb.



My rhubarbs are getting big and I felt the need to do
something yummy with them. I remember a good friends
recipe. I took one bite of this cake at her place and was hooked and
begging for a recipe.
Here is my friends page, She is also a great writer.
http://www.miiraohman.fi/?p=133



Ready to be picked.













Chop!





Take out the leaves and wash.





I like the rhubarb / strawberry combination.





Mix and add 1dl sugar and a bit of ginger if you like.





Melt 1,5dl of butter.




Mix 3eggs and 3dl sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy yellow.







Mix 8dl flour and 3tsp baking powder.





Add 2,5dl milk in the sugar/egg and fold in the flour, add butter. Mix.
Pour on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.





Add rhubarb and strawberry mix.









Next.. mix together 100g butter, 2dl sugar, 2tl vanilla powder and
2dl flour with your hands until crumbly.




Spread on cake.






Men of the house are doing garden work.






Dog is doing.... .  nothing  ....as usual. It´s a dogs life!!!







In the owen 175C 30 to 40 min.






I wish I could send you the scent in the house, so good!!!





Mmmmmmm......












"It´s so hard being a dog....sigh!"







Have a good tuesday!



3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I want some "piirakka" too :) Love the step by step recipes, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moi! I never liked rhubarb, but when I moved to Finland I tasted a wonderful rhubarb pie here, it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Timi :-D
    Piparipulla, that is exactly what happend to my husband, he never liked rhubarb and then came to Finland, tasted some of my mom´s and my friend´s rhubarb pie and juice and is now a beliver :-D
    Next up rhubarb soup!

    ReplyDelete

Lets talk!