Thursday, November 15, 2012
Salmon soup. / Lohikeitto. II
For the broth:
- Bones and head of a salmon
- 1 liter / 34 oz. /1000g water :-D
- Teaspoon salt
- leek, washed and cut to small pieces. Use half.
- 10 peppers (spice)
Cook for about 30min, drain liquid through sieve.
- 3large potaoes cut in cubes.
- 70g yesterdays cooked salmon. (great use for left overs)
- 120g leek
- 130g carrots cut in cubes.
- 130g peas
- 0,79g uncooked salmon cut in cubes.
- 1 1/2 cups cream
Cook the first 6 incredients until potatoe and carrot
are soft, add salmon, dill and last but not least the cream.
Keep in eye on the liquid, add more water if the soup looks too
Decorate with dill and if you are in need of comfort
food, add a dab of butter :-) (why does the word butter
always make me smile.....)